Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default best plants for bees and insects in two large containers?

On Jan 3, 5:03*pm, Craven wrote:
Hi, my only outside space is a terrace but I'd like to do what I can for
the local bees and insects.

The weather on the terrace is mild (London) but crazily windy,
especially in winter.

I have two troughs, each 150cm long, 50cm wide and 40 cm high.

Can anyone recommend plants for bees and insects (we get butterflies
too) please, and what time of the year I should plant them?

Ideally perennials for minimum effort and, if possible a place to buy or
order them from please - I'm told the ones in B&Q etc are so intensively
farmed they are short on nectar and pollen (any confirmation of this
would be good).

Any help appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Craven.