Old 04-01-2011, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Growing orchids - clear pots ?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 Adrian Brentnall wrote:

We have a number of orchids that my wife works very hard to pamper g

Some of the look as if they could/should be potted on into larger pots -
but they are currently in the semi-transparent pots that they came in.

Is it important that they be repotted into transparent pots, or will
the common-or-garden brown or black plastic variety suit ?
Transparent pots in larger sizes seem hard to get hold of out here in
the wilds of south-west Ireland ...

We have had five orchids for several years. They all thrive in either
clay or plastic pots, none of which are transparent.

David

http://rance.org.uk