Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Japanese Hand Garden Tools

Bill who putters wrote in
:

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

Many which double as weapons.

My wife got me a Neiji garden hoe some years ago. Just the thing for
transplanting, or frightening the Witnesses.... (they no longer stop
here).

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

When the witnesses come I am cordial but state up front people of
weak
faith try to convert others for confirmation. Seems to work.

Years ago Smith and Hawkens offered hand tools from Japan that had a
square wood metal interface. I have three of them 3 feet from me
now. The Hand fit was oval and a joy to use. Tools to extend the
mind in a way. Don't know where to find them new but I treat them
like family heirlooms in case one of my kids get into growing plants.
Fingers crossed.

Typical Yank