Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bud Bud is offline

Default Herb Gardening

On 2011-01-05, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Why those two fairly pedestrian herbs?

Most culinary herbs are fairly pedestrian. However those two head my
list of least favorites... rosemary reminds me of Pine Sol terlit bowl
cleaner and basil is too medicinal, like licorice cough drops... I'd
much rather bay leaf and fennel seed.

Hmmm, doesn't take too much trouble to plant but you want to separate
those that need more water and those that need less. Do a bit of research
and find out which. Basil is a needed ingredient to me as well as mint,
oregano, parsley, tarragon and even rosemary which doesn't take much if
you like lamb. Gresh herbs are great!
--
Bud