Old 25-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] An interesting tree and great stylist

I remember the article well and looked back on it after reading
the
post. I had a mixed reaction when I originally read the article
and
still do after exploring it again with your comments in mind.
The final results may look great but is it still a crappy tree?
It is a
wonderful example of art but..........

Is it only a façade? Things hidden behind things etc.
The main trunk branches etc. are shaped but do they possess the
qualities of a good tree, as defined by our peers. Will this tree
ever
grow into a good tree?
Of course I can only respond through pictures and would love to
see the
tree in reality.

Anton

This was pretty much MY reaction, too. It's a bit like making a
COTTON purse out of a sow's ear.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --