Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Growing Purple Cauliflower

Last season I planted purple cauliflower which I understand is really a
form of broccoli. I live in central Pennsylvania and started my plants
indoors from seed June 1. Come July 10, I set them in the garden and
they done great. The heads were huge and it tasted like the best
broccoli the wife and I ever tasted. It does turn green when cooked.
The wife ask me to grow it again this season but she didn't have to ask!
I will indeed grow a dozen of these plants each year in the garden from
now on. It's that good! They also have cheddar cauliflower which I may
also try but I would imagine it taste about the same as the purple

Rich from PA Zone 5-6