Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default O/T Birds Falling Dead From Sky ???

In article ,
"Steve.IA" wrote:

Billy wrote in
:

" . . . mass die-offs ‹ usually of animals with large populations . .
." Uh-oh.

No doubt, the earth would be better for it.

Steve

Much better. I just wish I could be left out of it. Passenger pigeons
used to "blacken the skies" in the East. It was unthinkable that they
would ever become extinct.

If you haven't read it, you might try

The World Without Us (Paperback)
by Alan Weisman
http://www.amazon.com/World-Without-...2427905/ref=sr
_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274206221&sr=1-1

A real page turner in the same league as "Guns, Germs, and Steel".

(Available from better libraries near you, at least until the
Republicans, with help from the "Blue Dog" Democrats, close them.)
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw