Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default plant food tablets

Hello all,

An Amazon Sword plant of mine appears to be suffering from
nutrient deficiency, so a few weeks ago I picked up a pack of plant
fertilizer tablets. They only had tablets marked for use in ponds, but
after carefully reading what was in it, they had all the good stuff, so
I gave them a shot.

Two or three weeks has gone by now and I haven't noticed any
change since I started popping these near the crown of the sword plant.
The tablets are large, so I've been cutting them in half before I bury
them.

The tank is a 20 long with a twin-tube 40 watt fixture. No CO2.
I add less than half the recomended dosage of Kent Freshwater plant
supplement and half the dosage of Seachem Flourish Trace when I do a
water change (each week or two). Do I just need to order better plant
food or is it something else?

The analysis by weight from the back of the tablets' package:
Total Nitrogen 20%
Water Soluble 7%
Water Insoluble 13%
Phosphate 10%
Potash 5%
Calcium 0.5%
Magnesium 0.5%
Sulfur 2%
Boron 0.02%
Copper 0.05%
Iron 0.5%
Manganese 0.05%
Zinc 0.05%

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.