Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Frustrated rookies like me.

Is it time that the BBC aired a prog. that took us step by step with an
idiot guide to growing veg. in our gardens, season by season?
Not only sowing and harvesting, but a reliable prog that can run 52 weeks
to be comprehensive if that is the right word, to air out the many problems
we come across.
Some in depth topics I would like in a TV prog.
Composting.
Manure, and how to get it. And be safe.
All year round crops.(spring cabbage, summer, winter as an example)
PESTS and DISEASES.(urrggh)
Pruning of fruit trees.
Instruction of all types ie: Brassicas, alliums, legumes etc.

I am sure that I am not the only beginner who has failed because of the
lack of experience and knowledge.
There are of course some things in the garden I am confident with but that
is by the by.

On the other hand it might be just me who just havn't got the green fingers
despite the effort and money I put in.
Baz