Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Frustrated rookies like me.

"Baz" wrote in message
Is it time that the BBC aired a prog. that took us step by step with an
idiot guide to growing veg. in our gardens, season by season?
Not only sowing and harvesting, but a reliable prog that can run 52 weeks
to be comprehensive if that is the right word, to air out the many
problems
we come across.
Some in depth topics I would like in a TV prog.
Composting.
Manure, and how to get it. And be safe.
All year round crops.(spring cabbage, summer, winter as an example)
PESTS and DISEASES.(urrggh)
Pruning of fruit trees.
Instruction of all types ie: Brassicas, alliums, legumes etc.

I am sure that I am not the only beginner who has failed because of the
lack of experience and knowledge.
There are of course some things in the garden I am confident with but that
is by the by.

On the other hand it might be just me who just havn't got the green
fingers
despite the effort and money I put in.
Baz

Quite agree Baz

If you look at the title of this newsgroup, United Kingdom, (That's us)
Recreation, (That's pleasure and past time) Gardening, (That's what it is
all about and your question and suggestion), you will find after reading
many of the postings, that you are 'supposed' to know all the answers BEFORE
coming on here. AND if you DO have a question which to you and many others
is 'basic', you are sent to the faq's. Now you are 'supposed' to know that
there are the 'frequently asked questions' so read those first and THEN dare
to step into urg. urg is a clique and until you know all there is to know,
'you are an outsider mate'

What a pity urg does not tolerate newcomers and is the domain of those who
use it as their own public newsgroup and post publicly what should be by
email.

As you will no doubt know Baz I am kill filed, so this will fall on stony

Write to the BBC, OTHERS DO, so you might get what you seek ;-)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive