Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
fsadfa fsadfa is offline

Default Blight Resistant Tomatoes

On Jan 2, 11:05*am, The Cook wrote:
I just got my catalogue from Johnny's and they are touting a tomato
with high resistance to late blight and intermediate resistance to
early blight. *After last year this seems like something I must try
even tho they seem to be expensive, 20 seeds for $4.95 + shipping. But
if they do work it will be worth it.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

There is nothing much you can do about blight except hope for a dry
season or use copper frequently.

Last year was excellent didn't have to use anything, year before lost
everything.

Perhaps a tent of some sort to keep the plants dry during the wet
years will work, haven't tried it.