Old 13-01-2011, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Rain, Rain, Rain

On 2011-01-13 09:38:52 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

On Jan 12, 9:38 pm, "DiMa" wrote:
If you think that is heavy rain, have a look at the Queensland rainfall

the last two weeks.

I believe the Australia wide drought has ended.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Well we are now into the first of 4 days of rain that has been
forecast for us here just outside Swansea,
Last night brought us 1 1/2 inches of rain and it's still p...ing
down.
They were forecasting 4 to 5 inches over 4 days but if it keeps this
up I can see us getting well over 6 inches.
David- Hide quoted text -

Well another wet day over with another 1 1/4 inches added, not as much
as forecast.
I was supprised to hear a thrush singing yesterday afternoon despite
the rain, and this morning we have quite a few birds starting to warm
up for the dawn chorus.
David Hill

It's much warmer here, though wet and gloomy. However, the birds seem
quite flirtatious and so do the two squirrels I saw scampering up our
young mulberry tree this morning. Two pairs of blackbirds were
slugging it out on the front lawn, too. It's quite a large lawn so why
they have to try to forage and fight within 6' of each other, or less,
I do not know!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Why will 2 women fight over one item in a sale when they are in a shop
full of clothes?

I expect they were two males exercising their territorial rights :-)

Seen it dozens of times

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive