Old 17-01-2011, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Concrete on wet ground

On 17/01/2011 12:04, wrote:
Would probably be better on a d.i.y group, but since it's in the garden and
for the greenhouse, I'm allowing myself to ask here. :-)

Nick is putting a concrete base under the greenhouse so he can build a small
wall and, basically, raise the greenhouse by a couple of feet.

Given the overnight rain and general soggyness today, will he be able to put
his concrete down tomorrow (foundations are dug, I believe to a sensible
depth), or will it somehow bugger it up?

It's already been delayed due to frostiness, but it's nice and warm now (as
my very confused garden can testify to) - could really do with having the
base set by the weekend so we can get the wall up!

Not bad conditions for concrete actually (warm and wet), but I'd cover
it with plastic sheeting for 24 hours.