Old 18-01-2011, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Black tuscany kale

On Jan 18, 4:06*pm, Gary Woods wrote:
wrote:
I currently have red kale which survived the winter, but I can't tell you if
it is one or the other (or a mix!) - I had previously assumed it was all Red
Russian!

Red Russian has survived the last few winters in upstate New York (Draw a
line due west of Boston (the American one), and north from New York city;
I'm just about at the intersection). *Even flowered and set seed the next
year, despite being eaten to the ground by local wildlife. *Tuscan Kale AKA
Dinosaur and a few others didn't. *I've got a dozen plants in the root
cellar, hoping to plant them out in the spring for seed. *I hope it works;
I like that one a lot!

See if you get any growth from the Black Tuscany Kale in the spring ,
if you get any plant making growth, keep it for seed that way you will
be working towards a hardier strain.