Old 19-01-2011, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Black tuscany kale

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 04:39:42 -0800 (PST), michael
wrote:

I love Black Tuscany kale,but unfortunately the cold winter has seen
it off this year.I use seeds from Seeds of Italy,and notice that it
has the word 'Precoce' in the label,which indicates that it is an
early variety.
Does anyone know whether there are any of this variety of kale that
withstands a severe winter?All of my other kales seemed to have
survived ,but I do like Black Tuscany,as it has a flavour rather like
spring cabbage.
Michael

I have grown Cavolo Nero in the past. It has very narrow leaves. I
saw some once on an allotment which had much broader leaves. What are
your Black Tuscany like? The Seeds of Italy which I've had in the
past seem good quality. I might try that one.

Pam in Bristol