Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Paul Chapman

Default plant food tablets

"Yield" wrote in message
The problem probably isn't your fertilizer - it's probably the Amazon's
themselves. You've probably had these plants for some months now,

correct?
They were likely a healthy green when you planted them too...

Amazon's are just one example of plants that are not accustomed to being
submerged year-round. In their native habitat, they are used to being
flooded for months at a time, but not all year. As a result, they grow
yellow and weak and eventually die out completely when kept submerged.

You may want to try some true aquatic plants instead. I found this great
website that lists some of the species and gives good general info on

plant
health: http://www.trueaquariumplants.com/info.asp

Remember, just because your LFS sells plants, it doesn't mean they are

good
for keeping underwater! Don't feel too bad about it though - I've been
through the same thing myself! Putting Amazon's underwater is generally

death sentence for them!

Really? The web site you reference seems to think that they are just fine
in the aquarium.

http://www.trueaquariumplants.com/pl...Aquarium&id=45

I've never heard this before and my experience has been that I can grow
pretty huge swords, long term, in an aquarium if conditions are right.
Could you back up this claim that the Amazon Sword is unsuitable for the
aquarium?

Thanks,

Paul.