Old 24-01-2011, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default con or a scam?

In message , kay
writes

'Martin[_2_ Wrote:
;910549']
Remember "Logorithisms"

Clever little thingies, especially when spelt correctly !

I still have my book of 5 figure log tables.

But I'm so glad that nowadays the concept of logarithms isn't swamped
out by learning the mechanics of log tables.

And looking back to my own days of learning maths - why was it that so
few people could get hold of the idea of counting to a different base
when we were all using base 4, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24 and 60 in our
everyday lives? (and indeed we still use most of those)[/i][/color]

--
kay

So you agree with me that a pH of 6 is greater than a pH of 7? (To get
back on topic)
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha