Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Ken Stager

Default Thinking of using a cork background for your aquarium?

Empty wrote in message . ..
Cannibul wrote in
:

Or maybe your tree hugging head is so far up your ass that you think
that man as a species is bad for the planet.

You're sniffing your own colon if you doubt that we do more harm than good
on this planet.

~Empty

Empty eh? Descriptive of the state of your cranium? Most likely so...

As to our species doing more harm than good on the planet. We can not
as yet sterilize the planet. Sure, we can run amok and render the
biosphere incapable of supporting us and other large lifeforms, at
least until we die off from our own folly. But life will continue and
in time repopulate the niches emptied by our actions. *WE* will not be
here to see it, but such is life. This does not give us license to
plunder and pillage to our hearts content, but we should realize that
we do change the environment to suit our needs, as do other species
like Elephants and goats.

Zealotry in the Ecosphere/Humans FIRST! battle is a bad thing, and
will bring no good to anybody. Heck fanatisism in general is bad,
unless its in the pursuit and defense of Liberty. But then, that is a
whole 'nother HUGE can of worms (and not tubifex worms either).

As for using cork as a background, that has always looked kinda retro
to my eyes. Like something out of the 60s and 70's. But it might
look attractive w/ a metal framed tank, populated with Angel fish and
day-glow plastic plants. 'Course, that is just my opinion. And we
all know what is said about opinions...