Old 26-01-2011, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Lidl's hellebores

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:00:11 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

Picked up a leaflet in Lidl last week but seem to have put it out with
the recycling. I wanted to save it.
One item was hellebore plants, with an illustration.
You could see the pot and the base of the plant with leaves coming
from it, but more stems and leaves had been added above, with pretty
pink flowers dotted about among the leaves!
Artist's licence or a new variety?

Pam in Bristol

I noticed hellebores for sale in my local Lidl (Bridgend) last
Thursday but the quality wasn't enought to tempt me to buy. Very few
had open flowers so it would be difficult to tell what colour you were
getting. I have a tray of small ones growing in the greenhouse (the
only plants to have survived the last cold snap) which will probably
be big enough to plant out later this year but until they flower I
don't know what I'll end up with. Their parents aren't named
varieties, just a tray-full I bought to fill some space.

Jake