Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Tasslehoff

Default plant food tablets

Submerged plants are plants grown completely under water and are considered
true aquatic plants while emersed plants are grown just below the waterline
usually in high humidity/misty environment which can survive submerged for a
given period of time before flaking it. Submersed ones are probably ones
that grow emersed and end up being submerged during heavy rains/floods and
then grow emersed again I think.

"M Walczak" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I have a sword the has produced a stem with baby swords. When and how do i
go about propagating these.
Currently there are no roots.
Secondly, Could someone please explain the differences between submerged

and
submersed, etc in a planted tank?
Thanks.
"kush" wrote in message
I find that my swords get "tired" and need to be replaced after a two,

maybe
three years maximum. However, during those few years they have

propagated
so prolifically (in a submerged state, mind you) that there are plenty

of
replacements.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

LeighMo wrote in message
Amazon's are just one example of plants that are not accustomed to

being
submerged year-round.

Maybe they aren't, but they do just fine submersed. I've had my

Amazon
swords
for over a year now, entirely submerged, and they are still growing

like
crazy,
not yellow or weak at all.

Leigh