Old 28-01-2011, 05:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Thos Thos is offline

Default Raised beds.

2 ft. deep??
Yes the weeds will die...BUT..I encourage you to learn more about raised
beds. Do some research. Do a google search on "French intensive gardening"
and double dug raised beds.
Simply dumping 2 ft of soil on the ground isn't the best method of making a
raised bed. I also encourage you to look into;
www.dirtdoctor.com

Try, if you can to actually listen to the radio program and actually get
involved and CALL IN to ask questions.
Way more good information than you are ever going to get in this group, from
REAL gardeners, with tons of research to back up their methods. Sometimes I
see posts here and simply shake my head in disbelief. It's good
entertainment sometimes, but more often than not it's a bunch of worthless
crap. That's my opinion, but you know what they say about how opinions are
like assholes....everyone has one.

"DogDiesel" wrote in message
If I set a raised bed on a weed infested area. Say 2 foot dep. . Will
the weeds come through ,or will they die.