Old 28-01-2011, 06:28 PM
greenqueen greenqueen is offline
Registered User

Default crocosmia

hi.im new to gardening...
can anyone give me some advice on a crocosmia i have in my garden.i recently moved to my present home to which this plant is in abundance in my front garden-it did flower last summer but only had a few flowers - i was told this is because there are too many plants packed together and that they need thining out??the leaves have now gone brown and wilted.....if i can thin them out(i presume they are bulbs)when can i do this??not sure what type of crocosmia they are -but they are small headed and a golden yellow to orange colour and they only grew to about two and a half feet.
thanks
jo