Old 29-01-2011, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default plant ID

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:29:36 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Jan 29, 3:29*pm, Alan wrote:
Can anyone identify this plant?

http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/plant/

Purchased last spring as a trailing plant suitable for a hanging basket.
During the summer it just put on a lot of foliage. Last Autumn, as it
was still green and thriving when the rest of the plants in the hanging
basket were long past their best I just left it. It has remained green
all Winter and has had lots of yellow/white flowers. It has survived
being encased in sheet ice (snow melt from the roof re-freezing during
the nights) Although it is also now past its best as a result of
buffeting from strong winds *rather than the cold weather it is still
flowering. Total size of the one plant = 4 times the size of the 18”
basket. Photograph taken today (29 Jan 2011)

--
Alan

Antirrhinum

Alan may have heard the English name: snapdragon. I was amazed to read
how hardy they we glaciated, and in a hanging basket to boot.

--
Mike.