Old 29-01-2011, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default plant ID

In message , Mike Lyle
wrote
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:29:36 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Antirrhinum

Alan may have heard the English name: snapdragon. I was amazed to read
how hardy they we glaciated, and in a hanging basket to boot.

These have been outdoors and have been flowering all over the winter
period, and are still flowering. The literature seems to suggest that
Antirrhinums bloom until the first frost.

The location is in an exposed front porch (fully open to the elements)
and with a 5W fluorescent light above and on 24/7.
--
Alan