Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default new DIY system setup

Hi.

http://www.geocities.com/slimflem/co2/

Here are some pics of my DIY CO2 system I made today. These wine bottles
are about 3 L. I used 2 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast, and 1/2 teaspon
of baking soda. After the bottles have been sitting for about 1.5 hours, I
am already getting bubbles from the airline...about 1 per second. I thought
it took at least overnight for the yeast to activate. Could this be CO2
this early on? Could it be due to the fact that the yeast was room
temperature when I made the mix? Or is this just air being pushed out of
the bottles and not really CO2 yet?

Also, from looking at the picture, tube_in_filter.jpg, does this look ok for
injecting it into my tank?

Thanks,
Jesse