Old 31-01-2011, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default red face

On Jan 30, 7:40*pm, Rusty Hinge
wrote:
Billit wrote:
Thank you very much on your advice regarding the tough skins on my
tomatoes It did not cross my mind that they were too cold but I will
rectify that this year and also make sure that they are kept damp enough
the variety that I groe are Shirley. Thanks again

Good variety IMO, but the kins can be a bit - er - Ailsa Craig-ish...

--
Rusty

I wouldn't wory about the skins, it's the flavour that matters, I've
found over the years that the tomatoes with the best flavour often
have tough skins.