Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Tasslehoff

Default new DIY system setup

Whoa, ease up on the yeast, using too much initially will cause the mixture
to expire much sooner. If you're putting it into the eheim intake I think
you only need 1 bubble about every second for a tank your size. 1/4 -1/2 a
teaspoon is sufficient to get the reaction started. I've got 1 bubble per 3
seconds for my 150L(~38G) aquarium. So if you're going to use two CO2
bottles for the 75G tank try to cut back on bubble rate. Are the bubbles in
your tank coming from the plants or from the outake of the filter? Have you
measured your Ph before injecting and now?

"SlimFlem" wrote in message
.net...
I have a 75 gallon.

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
How big is your tank?

"SlimFlem" wrote in message
Hi.

http://www.geocities.com/slimflem/co2/

Here are some pics of my DIY CO2 system I made today. These wine

bottles
are about 3 L. I used 2 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast, and 1/2

teaspon
of baking soda. After the bottles have been sitting for about 1.5

hours,
am already getting bubbles from the airline...about 1 per second. I

thought
it took at least overnight for the yeast to activate. Could this be

CO2
this early on? Could it be due to the fact that the yeast was room
temperature when I made the mix? Or is this just air being pushed out

of
the bottles and not really CO2 yet?

Also, from looking at the picture, tube_in_filter.jpg, does this look

ok
for
injecting it into my tank?

Thanks,