Old 31-01-2011, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Daddy Tadpole Daddy Tadpole is offline

Default Bonfire ash

Just keep away from the smoke if there are doubtful items; if in real doubt
(for example about wood preservatives) take them to the recycling place.

As a precaution I tend to dilute the ash by recycling it through the
compost heap, to which I tend to add a lot of soil to aid decomposition.
Soil and humus are quite good at binding potassium and phosphate; nitrogen
too (there's none in ash) if it's not nitrate.

Regards

"'Mike'" a écrit dans le message de
In general bonfire ash is beneficial, but what care must be taken when
there are 'unknowns'? Plastic vanishes, but metal survives in a twisted
state which can and has been removed. Mainly wood, paper, plant debris,

Any comments and advice?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive