Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
chet

Default 10g Planted??

"nunya" wrote in message
I've got a 10g tank that I'd like to successfully grow plants in. I've had
great success with some plants I bought at Wal-Mart. I planted too many of
the plants that grew too big, so right now they're suffering. Is there
anyway I can retrofit flourescent lighting into the factory lid or buy
another lid with flourescent lighting built in? I know I can grow a

planted
tank successfully with a little more planning and the right light. Thanks.
Jared

Head on down to your local grocery or hardware store and pick up a compact
fluorescent bulb. At home depot, I saw a 25 watt fluorescent that screwed
into a standard incandescent bulb socket. There may be others. If your
existing tank hood has adequate clearance, this would seem a simple lamp
upgrade really, really cheap. On the other hand, you could go to
http://www.ahsupply.com and buy one of their kits.

Your call.

chet