Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default How slowly should I take seedlings out of a propagator?

I have germinated alder seeds in a Stewart thermostatted propagator,
on dishcloth soaked in water and baby bio. The seedling are now about
1.5" high and they have put their roots down through the weave of the
dishcloth. The ventilation slots were half open and the inside of the
plastic cover covered with droplets. Now I have opened the slots, the
inside has dried out. I now want to plant them out onto compost under
lighting grow them on. How slowly should I harden them to this new
dryer environment?

Michael Bell