Old 07-02-2011, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default New web site Chiltern seeds

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:52:57 +0100, Emery Davis
wrote:

On 02/05/2011 06:52 PM, Bob Hobden wrote:
www.chilternseeds.co.uk
Looks a lot easier to find things than the old site!

I took a look through the maple seeds, there are some errors, and saying
you can grow A. palmatum 'Osakazuki' from seed is either ignorant or
disingenuous.

A couple of other packets that looked interesting, above all A. pictum
although it is mislabled A. mono against current taxonomy. (Pictum is
listed as a syn. I prefer mono too, but judgment has been rendered...)
No provenance or variety given, mind, so the seeds might look like
almost anything.

I've only had a very few things from them, and on that small sample,
they're prone to errors. I do get all GOM about chatty catalogues, and
am inclined to distrust them; but I know plenty of people like that
approach. Chiltern do have an extremely impressive range, though.

--
Mike.