Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacflower1 View Post
Hello,

I’m giving my garden a cottage garden makeover, but I’m on a shoestring budget : )

If anybody has any plants or shrubs they no longer want in their garden or maybe dividing, I am happy to come and collect in the Buckinghamshire or Northamptonshire or Bedfordshire area.
Remember travel costs can mount up. Bus fares/petrol money can soon be more than the cost of a packet of seeds or a small plant. Lavender self seeds itself so it shouldn't be difficult to find someone locally with spares, roses can be grown from cuttings.

I worry about the word "makeover". Instantly transforming a garden isn't something that can be done on a budget. The most satisfactory gardens grow and develop over a period, they are not installed over a single season. Forgive me if this wasn't what you intended.