Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacflower1 View Post
Lots of English lavenders as I want to create a small lavender patch!
roses and climbing roses (especially scented ones) : )
a small acer tree
Ivy (for climbing over trellis)
clematis (any colours)
daises
Achillea
geraniums
Iris
lillys
Campanula
rockery boulders and rockery plants
trellis (any condition as I don’t mind giving it a lick of wood stain) : )
Obelisks (wood, willow or wrought iron)
cottage garden flowers or seeds
Lavenders are easy to grow from seed, so don't waste money buying plants. They also propagate from cuttings easily. Campanulas, daisies, achillea, all straightforward from seed I think.

Roses are mostly grafted, and don't transplant easily as they grow deep roots, so you might have to spend there.

Acers are expensive for a reason - the Japanese ones are mostly grafted. I have transplanted small ones with some success.