Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Wellingtons into ankle boots

"john reeves" wrote in
:

I had some ankle high boots that were made of rubber like wellington
boots, but had laces like a normal pair of boot have.

I think they are called galoshes.
I did a quick google and most say they are overboots, but when I bought
mine 3-4 years ago they were described as waterproof, laced, rubber boots
and I got size9, my usual shoe size, fitted perfect. I bought them from a
garden centre for less than a tenner. Might have been B&Q. They are MUCH
more comfortable than wellies. A pair of these would last a lifetime worn
in the garden.

Baz