Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wellingtons into ankle boots

In article ,
john reeves wrote:

I had some ankle high boots that were made of rubber like wellington boots,
but had laces like a normal pair of boot have.

They were comfortable and waterproof, but the only new ones i could recently
find on the internet were nearly £50 which seemed a lot for what is
basically a wellington boot.

I'm now thinking I will cut down the height on an ordianary pair of
wellingtons, but got to wondering if there is any more sophisicated way to
cut a pair down that will allow the feet to go in and out more easily; yet
still hug the foot. And with maybe the possibility of being tightened up
with laces. Any ideas in a good design?

Yes. Pay the 50 quid. I am pretty good at adapting things, and I
wouldn't tackle that unless I had to. I tried a pair, and they
didn't fit me, not at all, but I have very flat feet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Baz wrote:
"john reeves" wrote in
:

I had some ankle high boots that were made of rubber like wellington
boots, but had laces like a normal pair of boot have.

I think they are called galoshes.
I did a quick google and most say they are overboots, but when I bought
mine 3-4 years ago they were described as waterproof, laced, rubber boots
and I got size9, my usual shoe size, fitted perfect. I bought them from a
garden centre for less than a tenner. Might have been B&Q. They are MUCH
more comfortable than wellies. A pair of these would last a lifetime worn
in the garden.

No - galoshes are overshoes. See:

http://www.thedrybootcompany.com

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Baz wrote:

This link (your link) above tells me a different thing.
Did you post the wrong one?

No - I posted a link to the boots being discussed. Those are
the rubber lace-up boots that are NOT galoshes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:58:29 -0000, "john reeves"
wrote:

I had some ankle high boots that were made of rubber like wellington boots,
but had laces like a normal pair of boot have.

They were comfortable and waterproof, but the only new ones i could recently
find on the internet were nearly £50 which seemed a lot for what is
basically a wellington boot.

I'm now thinking I will cut down the height on an ordianary pair of
wellingtons, but got to wondering if there is any more sophisicated way to
cut a pair down that will allow the feet to go in and out more easily; yet
still hug the foot. And with maybe the possibility of being tightened up
with laces. Any ideas in a good design?

I've got some with handles on the sides. They're not as thick rubber
as normal wellies but do the job.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk