Old 09-02-2011, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Wellingtons into ankle boots

wrote in :

In article ,
Baz wrote:
"john reeves" wrote in
:

I had some ankle high boots that were made of rubber like wellington
boots, but had laces like a normal pair of boot have.

I think they are called galoshes.
I did a quick google and most say they are overboots, but when I
bought mine 3-4 years ago they were described as waterproof, laced,
rubber boots and I got size9, my usual shoe size, fitted perfect. I
bought them from a garden centre for less than a tenner. Might have
been B&Q. They are MUCH more comfortable than wellies. A pair of these
would last a lifetime worn in the garden.

No - galoshes are overshoes. See:

http://www.thedrybootcompany.com

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick,
This link (your link) above tells me a different thing.
Did you post the wrong one?

Baz