Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snowdrops?

In message
, Dave
Hill writes
On the way back from Bournemouth where we had been for GAN yesterday.
We were on the outskirts of Bath there was a garden with a great show
of Snowdrops by the roadside the garden had a wall of about 3 ft
holding the garden in place, and in the border along the roadside they
had a couple of dozen "Snowdrops" about 9 inches tall, single stem
flowers, looking for all the world like normal snowdrops except the
flowers were almost twice the size of normal snowdrops, almost an inch
long. Impressive.
Any ideas?
David Hill

http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/mis...nthusorder.htm

It might be Galanthus 'Lynn' or Galanhus 'Colossus', or one of the other
larger snowdrops. (If I understand correctly Galanthus 'Atkinsii' is the
commonest of the larger snowdrops.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley