Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default A question on planting seeds

In article ,
Joseph P wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether it matters too much if I
happen to put too much of a layer of soil over the seeds when the packet
specifically says that there should be a "very fine sprinkling"? I have
put about half a centimeter of soil over the seeds. Will the seeds still
come through?

Normally, the seeds are covered with soil to a depth of 1 and a half
times the diameter of the seed.

Also, the packet says that I should put the container into a sealed
polythene bag, but I have put them into a propagator instead. Does this
matter too much?

Many thanks,

Joseph

--