Old 13-02-2011, 06:29 AM
coykiesaol coykiesaol is offline
Registered User

Default Vines

We are still digging up vines from the vineyard which stood on our garden until 5 or 6 years ago when the house was built. The roots go down forever!
Anyway we bought 2 vines to have in pots on the terrace for decoration and so we can eat the grapes. They have been fine for the last 3 years but this year I'm thinking they look as though they might be suffering from being in a pot. They have grapes but look a bit sad compared to the ones in the field outside. I was wondering whether to plant them in the garden but don't want them to become a nuisance and spread like those we are still digging up.
Will they stay as a single stem and produce nice eating grapes does anyone know?