Old 13-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Registered User

Default Vines

We are still digging up vines from the vineyard which stood on our garden until 5 or 6 years ago when the house was built. The roots go down forever!
Anyway we bought 2 vines to have in pots on the terrace for decoration and so we can eat the grapes. They have been fine for the last 3 years but this year I'm thinking they look as though they might be suffering from being in a pot. They have grapes but look a bit sad compared to the ones in the field outside. I was wondering whether to plant them in the garden but don't want them to become a nuisance and spread like those we are still digging up.
Will they stay as a single stem and produce nice eating grapes does anyone know?
Old 15-02-2011, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leaf warts?

On Feb 13, 1:27*am, coykiesaol
wrote:
The leaves on the lower branches of my beautiful Tilleul have begun to
sprout multiple growths,- the only way I can describe them is pyramid
shaped warts! They grow out on the upper side of the leaf. The tree
appears to be healthy otherwise, and the leaves remain green, although
these 'things' are yellowish. Is this a problem or is it normal?

--
coykiesaol

Linden Eriophyid gall mites.