Old 15-02-2011, 01:57 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
With the recent heavy snow and ice we have had this past week, a goodly
number of my autumn planted garlics and onions have had their tops bent
over.

Will they recover or will I need to replant again?

Ed
(Herts, UK)
Hi Ed,

I have been cultivating autumn planted garlic for years, they always look a bit rough after a hard winter.

However once the soil temperature begins rising they will respond, just let nature take its course they should be fine.

I don't plant autumn onions so can't give an opinion on that

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute it is totally useless unless it is open