Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Moose

Default Live Bamboo in an aquarium..

I used to sell them at a little trinket import crap shop a while back.
They'll take all the water you can give them, but they also need air.
They can't be totally submerged. They also like relatively low light
conditions, so if you're growing other plants and have an expensive light
setup, bamboo won't do too well.

"Yield" wrote in
t:

Bamboo does seem to like to have it's roots submerged - don't know if
putting the whole thing underwater would work - it's not an aquatic
plant.

My uncle has a large cut-glass vase with a potted houseplant suspended
in water with a beta living among the roots - very cool idea!

"Kenny Horn" - wrote in message ...
Hello..

Just had a though.. I'm thinking of putting some Bamboo shoots in my
aquarium?? I've seen dry bamboo used in an aquarium in a book to good
effect, recreating a natural Asian swamp/Amazon acid pool.. Just
recently seen a home furnishing store (Habitat, a rich man's Ikea!!)
selling bamboo shoots in small glass containers.. hey, must be a
kewl/trendy thing to

have
on you coffee table!!

Do you think live bamboo will do well fully submerged?? is this how
it

grows
naturally in the wild??