Old 16-02-2011, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frog disease

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:11:21 +0000, lannerman
wrote:

snip
A further complication is
that frogs were becomming more succeptible to this fungus due to high
levels of copper in thier diet, from eating half dead slugs, toxicated
by the new type of blue slug pellet now becomming more commonly used by
gardeners.

I've not heard this before. AFAIK the new type of blue slug pellets
that I have seen (and use), contain iron phosphate (the older blue
pellets use metaldehyde, I believe). Is there another type that
contains copper?

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Not as far as I know just the two sorts you have outlined above, although
you can use aluminum sulphate solution as a liquid killer this has become
unpopular after camleford showed what aluminum poisoning does to humans

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs