Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Kenny Horn

Default Live Bamboo in an aquarium..

thanks for the reply guys..

From what you've said.. I figure i'll give the live bamboo a miss. Although
i'd certainly consider it if i had a large aquarium with suspended lighting,
it would look cool growing out the top with other plants around it.. maybe
one for the future when i have a fish room!! I can dream!!

I might still look at dried/dead bamboo as i think this looks kewl, gives
the impression of depth and a more natural feel of a amazon swamp/pool
effect!!

cheers,
Kenny

"Kenny Horn" - wrote in message ...
Hello..

Just had a though.. I'm thinking of putting some Bamboo shoots in my
aquarium?? I've seen dry bamboo used in an aquarium in a book to good
effect, recreating a natural Asian swamp/Amazon acid pool.. Just recently
seen a home furnishing store (Habitat, a rich man's Ikea!!) selling bamboo
shoots in small glass containers.. hey, must be a kewl/trendy thing to

have
on you coffee table!!

Do you think live bamboo will do well fully submerged?? is this how it

grows
naturally in the wild??