Old 17-02-2011, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_5_] Zootal[_5_] is offline

Default Cold frame advice

Key is having some kind of temperature control device - so that when
the sun comes out you don't fry things.
There are some reasonably priced devices that are designed to open
vents that require no electricity - they
work on heat energy.

Hard to make other recommendations as you haven't said anything about
size, where you are located, or
other details.

Good luck!

Small - brobably nothing more than a box a few feet long with plastic
covering the front. My time and resources are quite limited right now.
Maybe a dozen or so cabbages, a dozen or so chinese cabbages, maybe some
brocolli and cauliflower. I may just plant them in a small planter inside
and move them outdoors in a month or two.

Location - southern Wilamatter Valley, Oregon, about a half hour drive
south of Salem, not far from Oregon State University.