Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Empty

Default DIY CO2 tube creating reverse siphon ???

"SlimFlem" wrote in
newslBS9.596786$WL3.177555@rwcrnsc54:

Yeah. A number of people on this group and other web sites
recommended glass. It's heavier, has more of a base, and won't tip
over. If you are running the CO2 line into a powerhead, then the
suction will not deflate the glass like a plastic bottle.

Personally, I always used the thick plastic jugs Ocean Spray Cranberry
juice comes in... The are very solid and have a strong base.

However, I do see your point. How would you recommend to add
something into the line so if the pressure reaches a certain point, a
pressure release valve will open...or something like that....without
buying a compressed tank, etc.

I would not know about the pressure thing... Maybedrill a hole in it and
cover the hole with a piece of tape? I just know I would be nervous with a
potentially fata (to the fish *and* me) timebomb lying around.

~Empty

--
"I'm constantly forgetting my own phone number. Quite simply,
it's because I never call myself. (I used to, but I was never