Old 19-02-2011, 07:06 PM
OtherFellow OtherFellow is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamaid View Post
can anyone tell me what this plant is called. its in flower now, a shrub/small tree? clusters of pink and white small bell like flowers which hang down a bit from opening ball clusters. these are on leafless upright branches. it looks a bit like a japanese cherry.
i live in surrey uk
Sounds like my Prunus mume 'beni shidori' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...the-spot.html). Is it scented at all? Doesn't really matter what it's called - anything that flowers at this time of year gets my vote!
Nick

http://otherfellow.co.uk

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later"
Og Mandino