Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
ConvictKid

Default Ummmm Brown Stuff?

I recently turned one of my 29gals into a planted tank. I admit I didn't
do the proper research.

The plants I have a 6 Mondo Grass bunches and 3 Anubius (Nana)

I have a DIY yeast reactor. With a DIY bubble counter. I don't know if
this matters. But I am getting about 25 bubbles per minute.

Also I don't have alot of light at all. The tank is 29gal and I have 1
20watt Normal Fluro. I do plan on getting better lighting eventually.

My question is. About a week after I introduced my plants into my tank
I started getting a bunch of this brown stuff all over everything. I
haven't changed anythin in the tank, except I added #20 sand (3.5")
and my plants. I do water changes twice a week, and every time a water
change is do, this brown stuff is everywhere! It really doesn't look
like algea. Does anybody know what this is? How I can get rid of it?
Is it bad?