Old 21-02-2011, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Mushroom Spawn

wrote in
:

There should be instructions on the packet. I think you need
sterilised compost to grow them on, to avoid having any /other/ kind
of fungus sprouting.

I had a mushroom kit when I was at school that did really well (but
from a whole box kit, not just the spores), but I've had them since
and they've not worked hardly at all. I thin kthe difference is the
heat of the house and the humidity (since now I live with someone who
likes having the house very centrally heated and about 4 degrees
hotter than my parents used to!)

There are instructions on the packet but they are vague to say the least.
It mentions using straw as a growing medium.
Going to have a go though, nothing to lose.

Baz