Old 21-02-2011, 12:38 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
I bought some mushroom spawn (spores?) by accident, Is there an easy way?
You've got spawn, not spores. Spawn is the equivalent for mushrooms of buying onion sets rather than onion seed. I would google some detailed instructions, because you have to do it right or it doesn't work very well.

Normally people buy a "home mushroom kit" which includes a sterile growing medium, along with instructions suitable for that medium. You've just got the spawn, so you'll have to make your own sterile medium, or buy it ready made.